Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video Empty
PostSubject: Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video   Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:44 am

I think the introduction should be split into two parts. The first part is about GOP where rewards, basic mechanics, purpose of the game and fc's/cc's be discussed. The second part would be the very start of how to become better at GOP, where theory of GOP, coord, altar symmetry and angle theory be discussed.

First part ideas:
- Explain that the orb has to be in one of the tiles immediately next to the centre altar, and therefore you can't stand in between the orb and the altar to score it.
- Explain that you need to stand in the centre tiles to nudge off orbs from the corner small pillars.
- Explain private games, sitting and glitching, 5050 (in fair light) and the fc's/cc's for it (except our fc, because of some Hoppeeee power-trip).
- Give tip about releasing orbs early, so you don't "hold" it too long to the frustration of your teammates.

Second part ideas:
- Explain OAO
- Explain that the difference lies with orbs that are west or east of you. In Super Me's words "The altars are a collection of obstacles, not a collection of angles."
- Simple moves, like "corner shot".
- Explain about "taps" and timing.

This can be the start of a collaborative project for an educational series on GOP artistry released "kinda officially" from the GopAcademy YouTube account.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico

Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video   Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 am

Orb timing shouldn't be in the first video :D
Back to top Go down

Random ideas for an introduction to GOP video
Page 1 of 1