Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gop contest

The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory Empty
PostSubject: The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory   The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Hello all, I saw that you guys did a 1v1 tournament for GOP and thought maybe we should do a 2v2 tournament. The tournament will most likely go faster than a 2v2 tournament I assume. Basically for anyone who doesn't know me, I am a No one to GOP, I just am interested in promoting an event and maybe working with people to creat another fun GOP tournament. I would like to take time in this post to further more bring up the simple idea of a 2v2 tournament. The 2v2 tournament can either be pick your partner or we can do random partners. Please put your imput on this below. Also the winner will recieve a sum of money and possibly an item that of course is f2p, that will be as a symbol/trophy of their victoy in the tournament. Also to join the tournament I was thinking we would have a buy in to increase the competitive edge people have and also to assure the winner will get a decent prize money winning. Currently there is 7m ready to give out to the winner with 2 donations already in. Donations will be much appreciated. I am not the best at organizing and certainly will need help from people if we do attempt this tournament. GOP is probably one of the most amazing mini games runescape has to offer and the tournament is for fun and a great chance for fellow goppers to come together and play for a chance of glory. I have spoke with Timome about this some, but barely. I also have started asking players if they would ever be interested in joining the 2v2 tournament and everyone was basically for it.
- The big thing we need compared to last time is less forfiets, less game re- scheduals, and we need players that join the tournament 100% ready to be on at certain times so that we may get the tournament done rather than just sit and wait for people.

-I certainly along with Auros have a busy life at the moment outside of RS and need help like I said with the organization and the tournament. Feel free to leave imputs below about this whether that be hating on this idea or having postitive imput. This is only a idea that I thought of and I hope everyone can see the fun of this and not the negative side of this.

Sincerely, Gop Contest
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

PostSubject: Re: The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory   The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Link to RSOF thread about it: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=VGm8dNrA6G0/sl=0/forums.ws?42,43,85,63946010
(QFC: 42-43-85-63946010).

I am very happy to see that someone takes initiative to contribute yet another favour to the World of GOP.

I have some suggestions as to how this tournament takes place, so without further ado: Foremost (1), I must stress that the Tournament be given good time to finish. That we do not expect of it to be "done with" quickly, and let it take its course however slowly it must (several months parhaps). We could apply some principle that if the game hasn't been completed after 2 weeks after it has been announced, it'll be ruled in favour of those that have been around in the GOP fc (Gee Oh Pee) most during the time. Those that judge this can be judges?

I think (2) people should enter with their partners as an entity for competition, rather than splitting the 2vs2 Tournament into a competition based on indevidual skill (such as would happen in a random-partner 2vs2 Tournament). Splitting them up would neglect some of the great magic behind names of pairs like Icy001 and Billycarrot, O R N G 3 and NINJA BLAD3. It would also ruin the joy and solidarity people find in eachother while entering the competition in pair.

If there be entry fees (3), I submit there be officially listed some volunteer people to donate to people who are unable to pay themselves. The money gathered on entering the competition be accumulated as prize money for the greatest achievers.

Any suggestions for a date it begins?

Last edited by Timo on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
gop contest

PostSubject: Re: The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory   The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 pm

yes maybe in the beginning of september if everyone isn't to busy getting back to college/school and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

PostSubject: Re: The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory   The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Did I even get my money back? 0o
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory   The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2v2 Tournament Of Glory
Page 1 of 1