Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

G.A. Puzzle #2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
icy001
Gop Literacy
icy001

RuneScape name(s) : Icy001

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 pm

We are at the mind altar.

Orbs:

A = (-16, 0)
B = (13, -13)
C = (14, -3)

Player is at (0, -2) (south).

Find the fastest way to score all three orbs and the least number of ticks required.

Last edited by Zelda on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited in a "#" so it would fit better in the series, hope that is okay with everyone ~Zelda)
Back to top Go down
Zelda

Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:30 am

Nice puzzle, Icy, looks like quite a tricky one!

I suppose most people's reaction to three as odd and unlucky spawns would be to either start crying or rage at Jagex for trolling them though, lol. However, since you're asking for a more theoretical/professional approach to your puzzle, I think I'll leave it to the experts. Why? Well, mostly because I'm about 99.99% certain that there will be someone with a more efficient solution than mine, lol. Heck, I'll even admit that I had to double-check with Timo's spawn map just to confirm that orb A [-16, 0] was actually placed at a natural spawn point. Bottomline: I don't see the point in punching over my weight by submitting my answer =P

I also have to mention that it would've been greatly appreciated if someone with the opportunity to record while playing could make the best solution into a video, as it's hard to simulate the notations theoretically when they become as big as the one needed for this one (at least from my personal experience).

Anyways, have fun counting those heap loads of ticks, guys, and good luck on finding the best solution! I'll compare the best answer to mine when you guys have come up with a solution, and hopefully I won't fail too much, lol!

PS: Sorry for yakking and yakking without giving you any form of an actual answer, Icy, my bad! =]
Back to top Go down
http://satwcomic.com
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:22 pm

I'll section this suggestion in three parts, as this is a big one!

First, (1) I go for lining up Orbs B and C so that I can 2-tick hold them from (2,-4). (2) Placing B at (11,-13) and C at (10,-2) to score them before I (3) run to the farthest orb, A, and repel it into altar.

Repelling the farthest orb because that's the path you least want to run twice.

(1); start at (0,-2) end at (2,-4):
14e2n(run to (14,0))(7)+0(1)+C(1)+6w4s(run to (8,-4))(3)+0(1)+C(1)
Orb C is now at (12,-2).

8s2w(4)+0(1)+B(1)+8n4w(4)
Gopper at (2,-4), B at (11,-13) and C at (12,-2). That took 24 ticks.

(2):
0(1)+C(2)+B(1)+1n1w(1)+0(1)+B(2)+C(2)+B(2)+C(1)+4w4n(3)+0(1)+B(2)+C(1)
Gopper at (-3,1), A at (-16,0). That took 20 ticks.

(3):
3n10w(6)+2w1s(premovement)(1)+A(1)+2w1s(1)+0(1)+rep.A(13)
3rd section takes 23 ticks.

This solution takes 67 ticks, and all orbs are scored after 69 ticks. I'm not certain this is the fastest way, though, as I haven't explored it beyond a leisurely extent. =S

P.S., at Zelda; I'll try to make a recording of what is found the most optimal solution once Icy tells us how he did it in 11 ticks. =P
P.P.S., Activity is nothing but a contribution to this website, Zelda! Feel at home or something. =)
P.P.P.S., thanks Aimee for pointing out that it was 3n10w(6) not 1n10w(6). 

Last edited by Timo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
Zelda

Zelda

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 am

Timo wrote:
First, (1) I go for lining up Orbs B and C so that I can 2-tick hold them from (2,-4). (2) Placing B at (11,-13) and C at (10,-2) to score them before I (3) run to the farthest orb, A, and repel it into altar. Repelling the farthest orb because that's the path you least want to run twice.
This seems like a very good solution! Just spent about half an hour going through your notations by the use of Icy's altar mind altar map looking for errors (without finding any of course =P). Anyhow, there's one thing I'm wondering about in this part:
Timo wrote:
(3):
1n10w(6)+2n(premovement)(1)+A(1)+2w1s(1)+0(1)+rep.A(13)
3rd section takes 22 ticks.
This may sound like a dumb question, but is the reason why you counted 22 ticks instead of 23 because the premovement tick is integrated in the attract tick and hence doesn't count? Also, why do people keep on alternating between the terms "premovement" and "orbdrag" when they're all talking about the same thing, it's kinda confusing sometimes, lol. Make up your minds, guys! =P
Timo wrote:
I'm not certain this is the fastest way, though, as I haven't explored it beyond a leisurely extent. =S
Only spending 40.8 seconds (and around 13.6 seconds per orb) to be able to score three as challenging orbs as these is pretty darn fast though!
Have fun trying for that 19 mind solo with these great spawns, lol!
Timo wrote:
P.S., at Zelda; I'll try to make a recording of what is found the most optimal solution once Icy tells us how he did it in 11 ticks. =P
Sounds good to me. However, visualizing your notations turned out to be a lot easier than I had expected it to be.
Timo wrote:
P.P.S., Activity is nothing but a contribution to this website, Zelda! Feel at home or something. =)
I'll try my best, lol =P
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:43 am

Zelda wrote:

(#/&%#(

I'm not good at counting, sorry. I fixed it to say 23 now, thanks!

Premovement is when you click an orb and your character moves before being in reach of it, and orbdrag is when you move all the while holding an orb.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
Zelda

Zelda

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:58 am

Timo wrote:
Premovement is when you click an orb and your character moves before being in reach of it, and orbdrag is when you move all the while holding an orb.
Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I tried finding some information about the differences between the two in the "Lectures" section, but since I didn't find anything there I just assumed that they were the same thing. I think you mentioned this in one of your YouTube videos though! Anyways, that's some valuable knowledge for me to take advantage of in future GOP games/puzzles, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G.A. Puzzle #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #2   G.A. Puzzle #2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G.A. Puzzle #2
Page 1 of 1