Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

G.A. Puzzle #4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelda

Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

G.A. Puzzle #4 Empty
PostSubject: G.A. Puzzle #4   G.A. Puzzle #4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 am

Gop Academy Puzzle #4

As it seems like all of the previous posted puzzles have been solved, here's another one for you to try out (All of the orbs are placed in natural spawn locations) =]

I decided on using the mind altar once again as it's arguably the best altar in the game to make puzzles on. Why is that? Well, first of all it's a lot less time consuming to simulate the puzzles on the mind altar in comparison to most of the other altars (all except the air altar). Secondly, it offers a lot more bad spawn locations than any of the other nearby altars (Air and Water) due to it's grand size and obstacle filled tiles. And last but not least: It's on the big altars where it can really pay off to have an efficient playing-style. There's so many ticks that can be shaven off here!

Anyhow, here's my puzzle, hope you enjoy it:

Altar:
Mind Altar

Orb coordinates/locations:

A: [-9, -10]
B: [-4, -16]
C: [12, -7]

Player coordinates/location:
[0, -2], the tile directly south of the middle of the altar.

Goal:
Try finding the fastest method to score all of the (three) orbs. The person who manages to score all orbs by using the lowest number of ticks wins!

GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
http://satwcomic.com
Zelda

Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

G.A. Puzzle #4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #4   G.A. Puzzle #4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Okay, here is my suggestion for a solution. Please point out all the mistakes that you manage to find, as there most likely are some counting mistakes at the very least. I'm also not sure if it's actually possible to attract the orb located at [12,-5] for three ticks while standing on [6,-3] without experiencing orbdrag. It's one of my first attemps at one of these orb puzzles, so some constructive critisism will only help to improve my abilities. Thanks in advance!

PS: The system I used to write down the notations with was stolen from Aimee >:]

Starting location(s):
Player[0,-2]
Orb A[-9,-10]
Orb B[-4,-16]
Orb C[12,-7]

Step 1: I decided to line up orb C first.
11e1s(6) + 0(1) + C(1) + 5w(3) + 0(1) + C(3) = 15 ticks

Player[6,-3]
Orb A[-9,-10]
Orb B[-4,-16]
Orb C[7,-3]

Step 2: I now move onto lining up orb B. I also tap orb C once to move it closer to the altar.
9s(5) + 0(1) + B(1) + 8w(4) + 0(1) + B(1) + C(1) = 14 ticks

Player[-2,-12]
Orb A[-9,-10]
Orb B[-2, -14]
Orb C[5, -5]

Step 3: In this step I line up and score orb A.
7w5n(4) + 0(1) + A(1) + 1w2s(1) + 0(1) + Rep.A(1) + 2e2n(2) + 0(1) + Rep.A(4) = 16 ticks

Player[-8,-7]
Orb A[Scored after 47 ticks]
Orb B[-12, -14]
Orb C[5, -5]

Step 4: This is the last part of the solution. I now run towards the altar and score the two remaining orbs (orb B and C) by multiorbing them.
6e3n(4) + 0(1) + B(2) + 3n(2) + 0(1) + C(2) + B(3) + C(1) + B(1) = 17 ticks

Player[-2, -1]
Orb A[Scored after 47 ticks]
Orb B[Scored after 64 ticks]
Orb C[Scored after 63 ticks]

Total amount of ticks used in my solution: 15 + 14 + 16 + 17 = 62 ticks (All orbs are scored after 64 ticks)
Back to top Go down
http://satwcomic.com

G.A. Puzzle #4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Education and frontiers :: Gopology :: Puzzle Library-
Jump to: