Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

The Gop Academy Fund

Go down 
+2
hoppeeee
Gop Academy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gop Academy

Gop Academy

The Gop Academy Fund Empty
PostSubject: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:50 am

The Gop Academy Fund is an in-game monetary fund dedicated to the prosperity and inspiration of artistry in GOP. It is open to donations over or equal to 1M gp.

It will be used for such purposes as achievement Awards. Awarding new records, tournament wins and possibly other achievements. Suggestions that go lateral to this are also welcome.

The Gop Academy Fund: 3.85M
As of 24/06/2013.

The Fund is currently owned by Timome and Kid Sasuke. This is the extent of the committee that will decide upon what The Gop Fund will be resourced out to.
[anonymous] will act as a bank, holding the money until it is distributed for awards or other functions pertaining to GOP.

Transactions so far:
2011:
+ 1M from Josiahc12345.

2012:
April:
+ 100M from Timome. (18/04)
+ 7M from Gra Urke. (19/04)
- 57M to The Great Orb Project World Record Race #1. (19/04)
+ 99M from red sven. (22/04)
+ 10M from Shadix. (25/04)

May:
- 99M returned to red sven.
+ 74M from Timome.
- 135M to The GOP 1v1 Tournament of June 2012. (28/05)

2013:
April:
+ 1M from Painite. (21/04)
+ 2.85M from Kid Tac0. (26/04)

Projects the Gop Academy Fund has donated to:

Thread about it in RuneScape Forums:
48-49-850-63692341

Last edited by Gop Academy on Mon May 28, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://gopacademy.forumotion.com
Gop Academy

Gop Academy

PostSubject: The Great Orb Project World Record Race Prize #1!   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 am

Current projects that award from The Gop Fund:

The Great Orb Project World Record Race Prize #1!
First person(s) to exceed any of the following scores, on video, will be awarded 0M gp. Split equally among the participants, if it's coord (rounded up!).

Air Altar - Mind Altar - Water Altar - Earth Altar - Fire Altar - Body Altar -
Solo 47 19 38 18 46 43
Duet 64 27 52 26 60 56
Trio 68 30 50 27 62 57
Quartet 69 29 51 28 64 58
Quintet 68 29 51 28 64 57

To be valid for the prize, you must have recorded the record and published it on YouTube. This way, no quandries over proof.

Only 3-orb records count.

The Prize is funded by The Gop Academy Fund, and is open to donations.

Thread about it in RuneScape Forums:
48-49-953-63692347

Last edited by Zelda on Fri May 31, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated 01/06-13 ~Zelda (I hope all the scores are correct now))
Back to top Go down
hoppeeee

hoppeeee

RuneScape name(s) : Wiz Finix

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:10 am

Some players are limited in the way that they can not record videos while playing...
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:49 pm

hoppeeee wrote:
Some players are limited in the way that they can not record videos while playing...

Too true :/, but I also think that this is the only way to go about awarding Prizes for such an achievement. If only a screenshot is required, people are going to complain about the prize in that people may fake it, more than I actually think anyone would fake it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
hoppeeee

hoppeeee

RuneScape name(s) : Wiz Finix

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Timo wrote:
hoppeeee wrote:

Too true :/, but I also think that this is the only way to go about awarding Prizes for such an achievement. If only a screenshot is required, people are going to complain about the prize in that people may fake it, more than I actually think anyone would fake it.

There must be a better way... :P
Back to top Go down
Rosh

Rosh

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 pm

What is the minimum donation amount?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrland.com
Gop Academy

Gop Academy

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:42 am

The Great Orb Project World Record Race #1 was won by Deobfuscated, O R N G 3 and Imaster Mike for 65 air trio (04/05/2012)!
https://www.youtube.com/user/GopAcademy/featured

The prize has been given to Deobfuscated, but it'sn't reached O R N G 3 and Imaster Mike yet.
Back to top Go down
Gop Academy

Gop Academy

PostSubject: GOP 1v1 Tournament of June 2012   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:09 pm

The GOP Academy Fund will donate 135M to the GOP 1v1 Tournament of June 2012 (hosted by Auos Pro).

Thread about it in RuneScape forums: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=Y4lqq150z0w/sl=0/forums.ws?42,43,700,63738592 (QFC: 42-43-700-63738592).
Back to top Go down
Zelda

Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:32 am

Hi! Since I'm not able to donate any RuneScape items and/or cash at the moment, I would like to donate a 1-month RuneScape membership as a replacement. I would like this prize to go to whoever wins the June 1vs1 GOP tournament.

You should note though, that since I have no computer access at the time being, the winner has to be registered to the Gop Academy forums (or register after winning) for me to be able to contact them about their prize. New users will need two other members to confirm their identity before being able to claim their reward. As soon as your identity is confirmed the membership PIN will be sent in PM together with some instructions of how to use/activate it. It will be a Pay-by-phone PIN code for those of you who wonder.

Also, if you have no interest in becoming a RuneScape member whatsoever (I've met a lot of GOPers who are like this), I heavily encourage you to donate it to the tournament's runners-up or future events instead.

I would also like to wish all G.A. members who's still in the tournament good luck with the last few matches!
Back to top Go down
http://satwcomic.com
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Zelda wrote:
Hi! Since I'm not able to donate any RuneScape items and/or cash at the moment, I would like to donate a 1-month RuneScape membership as a replacement. I would like this prize to go to whoever wins the June 1vs1 GOP tournament.

You should note though, that since I have no computer access at the time being, the winner has to be registered to the Gop Academy forums (or register after winning) for me to be able to contact them about their prize. New users will need two other members to confirm their identity before being able to claim their reward. As soon as your identity is confirmed the membership PIN will be sent in PM together with some instructions of how to use/activate it. It will be a Pay-by-phone PIN code for those of you who wonder.

Also, if you have no interest in becoming a RuneScape member whatsoever (I've met a lot of GOPers who are like this), I heavily encourage you to donate it to the tournament's runners-up or future events instead.

I would also like to wish all G.A. members who's still in the tournament good luck with the last few matches!
Sorry, but this goes against the laws of Jagex and would render the fund illicit. I would rather try to save it from such a path. =/
Edit: Sorry! Jumping guns. I can't say your proposal is illegal. Thanks for the offer.

Last edited by Timo on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zelda

Zelda

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:52 pm

If you're referring to Jagex's rule about real-world trading, I can't really see where you're coming from. Since when did donating become real-world trading? I get absolutely nothing in return for my PIN, hence it's not real-world trading. For example: Would you report one of your friends for real-world trading if he/she bought you a membership card for your birthday? Most likely not.

Jagex gets their precious money either way, so they really have nothing to whine about. I would also like to add that after I've purchased a product from their store with my own money it's rightfully mine, and I'm free to do whatever I like with it.

However, as long as you're one of the two current fund owners, I suppose you have every right to turn down an (in your eyes) inappropriate donation, and that's fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Rosh

Rosh

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Zelda wrote:
Timo wrote:
Zelda wrote:

Sorry, but this goes against the laws of Jagex and would render the fund illicit. I would rather try to save it from such a path. =/

If you're referring to Jagex's rule about real-world trading, I can't really see where you're coming from. Since when did donating become real-world trading? I get absolutely nothing in return for my PIN, hence it's not real-world trading. For example: Would you report one of your friends for real-world trading if he/she bought you a membership card for your birthday? Most likely not.

Jagex gets their precious money either way, so they really have nothing to whine about. I would also like to add that after I've purchased a product from their store with my own money it's rightfully mine, and I'm free to do whatever I like with it.

However, as long as you're one of the two current fund owners, I suppose you have every right to turn down an (in your eyes) inappropriate donation, and that's fine by me.

This does not fall under RWT
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Real-world_trading wrote:
Real-world trading

RuneScape Wiki >> Game Guide >> Rules of RuneScape >> Real-world trading
What is real-world trading?

Real-world trading is the term used for activities which occur outside of the game environment which result in the real-world sale or purchase of items, gp or services with the intention of supplying or advancing a Jagex in-game character other than by the means which are incorporated into the game.
This includes, but is not limited to: purchasing gold or items for RuneScape on 3rd party websites, buying a RuneScape account on 3rd party websites, paying someone to increase your account's experience (XP) and paying someone to complete quests and activities on your behalf.

Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule for a number of reasons:
Nobody has our permission to sell RuneScape accounts or any RuneScape related virtual in-game item. All RuneScape accounts and virtual items are the property of Jagex Ltd and players are only granted a limited, revocable permission to use accounts and virtual items.
The activities of people obtaining items with the intent of selling them, often involves cheating practices such as using macro scripts (botting).
When a player purchases an existing RuneScape account, there is a high probability that the account may have been stolen. Stolen accounts will always be returned to the original owner.
For another player to use your game character they will require access to your account. This means your security becomes compromised and the account as well as the virtual items on the account, are then likely to be sold on to a third party.
When items in RuneScape are not supplied by Jagex Ltd., the items are often taken from the stolen accounts of innocent players.
Any attempt to real world trade is a serious breach of a player’s agreement with Jagex. Jagex does not recognise any attempted transfer of accounts or virtual items outside of the game environment.

And if Timo really cares about the "laws of Jagex" he wouldn't be multing!
Timo https://gopacademy.forumotion.com/t77-what-s-your-solo-average#193 wrote:
Note, this was with mostly yellow and quadrupling, no opponent, low-ping worlds.
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Multiple_logging-in wrote:
Multiple logging-in

RuneScape Wiki >> Game Guide >> Rules of RuneScape >> Multiple logging-in
You are free to create more than one account, but if you do, you must not log into more than one at any time, and the accounts must not interact with each other in any way.

Why do we have this rule?

We have this rule to maintain a fair gaming experience. We don’t want our games to become games where everyone feels they need to use multiple accounts at once just to compete! It’s much better to team up with your friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rawrland.com
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Rosh wrote:
Zelda wrote:

I'll have to concede to being corrected on this one. Thanks! It was wrong of me to think that Zelda's proposal was against the Jagex' Rules. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
icy001
Gop Literacy
icy001

RuneScape name(s) : Icy001

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Hmm! How come it says the max trio on air is 68 for the world record competition when I just got it five days ago!? So if those numbers are being updated for no reason at all other than to stay up to date, quartet air should be 69, and quintet air is still 68 !
Back to top Go down
Zelda

Zelda

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 pm

icy001 wrote:
So if those numbers are being updated for no reason at all other than to stay up to date, quartet air should be 69, and quintet air is still 68!
Well, since the project originally was supposed to work as a GOP World Record race I figured I'd might as well update it every now and then for future reference. Speaking of which, did you participate in a 63 The Gop Academy Fund 817582731 trio and a 58 The Gop Academy Fund 2597754827 trio the other day, or did I just misinterpret those chatbox messages? If yes to the first question, do you happen to have any screenshots of said scores, and have these scores been reached before? (judging by that you didn't mention these scores in your post) Are there any other scores on this list that need a proper update? (Air typo fixed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gop Academy Fund   The Gop Academy Fund I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gop Academy Fund
Page 1 of 1