Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Is anyone still around?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cookie

Is anyone still around? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:40 am

Hey!

First of all, does anyone remember me? Cookieee, E gg, PhDInCookies, don't even remember the other 20 thousand names I had. I was a senior rank in Gop Addict for a while (think it was General, and forum mod?), until I became good friends with Sado and Mel.. But let's not go into that. I started GOP in early 2010 I think, not sure when I stopped but the only reason I stopped was due to quitting RS. I was alright at GOP, somewhere in the low 40s (41 maybe?) was my highscore on air.. but I seem to remember thinking that I was much better than I really was.

Secondly, is GOP still alive? I'd love to play again but I noticed that there's no f2p GOP world anymore.

Thanks. :)
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Well, how would we remember you if you change names all the time #&#%)/"(&#% >_> (Though I do remember someone mentioning PhDInCookies.)

And yes, GOP is still alive and well. : ) We don't need a F2P World for GOP since we would just continue to play on all the other worlds for proper GOP, not random, silly, bucket-full-of-anchovies GOP. You could try "Gee Oh Pee" FC to find some of the old GOP community you used to be in, likely. You have contacts on your Friends' List?

Also, you can play GOP on the Emulator: http://gop.hopto.org/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:18 pm

I tried Gee Oh Pee already haha :) Death Erebus (by memory I think that was it?) was good, played a few 2v2s there which was good fun.

As for the name changes - Yeah, I had a few. When the name changing thing first came out I decided to change every 28 days... Something I regret now. Looking at the members list I remember a few people here, Arys, Lucid, Icy, hope, Phd, and a few others. The only player who logged in yesterday on my FL who was a gopper was hope, however.
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Death Erebus is the Help Chat for public GOP. Established goppers are welcome there if, and only if, they are willing to help newcomers and contribute to a friendly culture. This strict rule is necessary to hinder a bad culture forming in the Help Chat.

20+ newcomers enter into the FC every day, many of which have not played before. The hostile culture towards newcomers that much of the old public GOP community has shown is very unwelcome in the Help Chat. Given that it is the Help Chat, indifference is not really on either, when someone is asking for help... Either redirect them to folks who are able to help, or help with yourself. The established goppers who are not willing to help, and who carry that old and hostile culture with them, should stay in Gee Oh Pee or other chats. Alas, many folk who choose to be rude enter the Help Chat and scold the newcomers for not knowing GOP. A right is reserved to kick those who help a bad and unhelpful culture fester in the chat.

The purpose of the Help Chat is to share the love for GOP and inspire folk to think it fun. Volunteers from several GOP communities come into it so that the newcomers always have someone they can, at least, ask questions to.

You are very welcome if you can contribute with this smile, though. : )
Back to top Go down
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:34 am

I can help, certainly. Once I remember all the angles and such again (although I do already remember the basics). I did teach a couple of people GOP back in the day, and I would be able to do it again if need be.

Btw, I remembered two other names I had: Cookiequeen and Cookiegop.

:)
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:39 am

Cookiequeen is d xx/sneakichu? 0o
Back to top Go down
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 am

Cookiequeeen

3 e's, sorry. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone still around?   Is anyone still around? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone still around?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Community :: General Discussion Hub :: GOP-
Jump to: