Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Goodbye!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hoppeeee

hoppeeee

RuneScape name(s) : Wiz Finix

Goodbye! Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye!   Goodbye! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:12 pm

It is with a bittersweet feeling that I announce my farewell to the GOP community.

The game and its players have brought me hours and hours of fun over the four years that I have been there. And the game would continue to bring me many more pleasurable hours of time if I would allow it. However, this in itself is the very reason that is causing me to leave.

The game is too addicting, and has become a sort of idol for me. So much so, in fact, that I have realized it would not be healthy for me to continue playing as much as I do - the game gets in the way of my real life outside of Runescape. I have procrastinated quitting for too long, but have always understood that at some point it would need to be done.

Putting it off has only made it harder for myself, and it will only get harder the longer I wait. But it is a Sunday, and as many of you know, I am religious. What has finally pushed me to leave is the sermon that the pastor gave this morning. Though I would love to stay and enjoy many more games of GOP, as things currently stand I cannot do it while maintaining my religious beliefs at the same time.

For me, God takes priority over the game, so I am giving up the game. You may think this odd. I don't mind though...I never have minded being a bit different. =)

If all goes as planned, you shall be seeing less and less of me on Runescape. I may still pop on from time to time to say hello and perhaps play a game or two of GOP, but not nearly so much as before. The idea of me leaving is not that I can never play again, but that it will be a lower priority in my life.

Many of you may be wondering what will become of the friend chat and the people in it. As you may know, Gusty and I started the friend chat originally, but Gusty admittedly has not been active in running it for quite some time. As the circumstances are such, I will be giving the account information to 9h3, Evil Evor, Physid, and Sam I Am shortly, so that they may continue to run the friend chat in my absence. Also, note that I *will* offer them the account information, but that does not necessarily mean they will take it. =)

Any changes that occur to the friend chat are up to them. I hope that it will be a smooth transition and that nothing much should change after I am gone, but if they see a need for any sort of change, I trust they will do a good job in making it come about.

Please respect them as they adjust to their new roles in the GOP community - it is never nice to be pressured into making premature decisions, so give them ample time to think and consider before they make any drastic decisions about the direction of the friend chat. It has remained till now, after all, and not many changes have been made to it since the day it was created. Except for ranks and small things, changes should not be necessary - at least while things are still in transition anyhow.

I want to thank every gopper who has helped to make my experience at GOP a great one, but that would take far too long, and I would never end up quitting that way. But to those of you who have been my friends, you already know who you are. So instead of listing each of your individual names, I will let you decide for yourselves if you were my friend or not, and say goodbye!

Goodbye!
Hoppeeee

Last edited by hoppeeee on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Newcomer Map

Newcomer Map

RuneScape name(s) : Newcomer Map

Goodbye! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye!   Goodbye! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:36 am

lates dawg
Back to top Go down
Redefinition

Redefinition

RuneScape name(s) : Redefinition

Goodbye! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye!   Goodbye! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Sad to see you go... You're a key member in the GOP Community. The Gee Oh Pee Friends chat has not only changed the way GOP is played, but has changed the way I see it. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for GOP! See ya later!
Back to top Go down
achecopar

Goodbye! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye!   Goodbye! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Good bye addicted Hoppeeee and welcome to the new Hoppeeee then ;)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye!   Goodbye! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goodbye!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Forum information :: Forum news-
Jump to: