Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Lexicon Akademia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gop Academy

Gop Academy

Lexicon Akademia Empty
PostSubject: Lexicon Akademia   Lexicon Akademia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:25 am

The Lexicon Akademia is an open project that aims to explain all GOP terminology. Contribute with your sample of words and explanations.

Convention terminology:

"Prototick" = Prototicks occur given some conditions (link), and cause a delay by one tick before being able to manipulate the orb, after having clicked the orb within reach. "Tap-delay" is a word used by prehistoric ancient normal people (old people in their youth), to describe prototicks that occur after you've tapped an orb.

"Orbdrag" = When you move while manipulating the path of an orb (holding).

"Premovement" = When you click an orb out of reach and move to it until you're in its reach.

Miscellaneous terminology:

"Ninjangle" = Very cool angle.

"Angleninja" = Angleninjas do ninjangles. Fundamentalist angleninjas do ninjangles often at times where it's completely unecessary and even cost ticks, but do them anyway to the joy in the annoyance (jealousy) upon the faces of their peers.

Back to top Go down
https://gopacademy.forumotion.com

Lexicon Akademia Empty
PostSubject: Other Terms   Lexicon Akademia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 pm

"OAO" - Orb Altar Orb
------------------------------------------------------
"Pillar" - An orb trapped behind a pillar.

"Trees" - An orb trapped behind a tree in the Fire Altar.

"Veins" - An orb trapped behind a vein in the Body Altar.

Example: If I hadn't had so many "trees" I would've gotten a 40.

Last edited by icy001 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
icy001
Gop Literacy
icy001

RuneScape name(s) : Icy001

Lexicon Akademia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lexicon Akademia   Lexicon Akademia I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:47 am

Categorization of spawns by hold length: For a positive integer n, an "n-away" is an orb that must be held a minimum of n ticks for it to be scored from your position. Certain spawns have a different value of n depending on where you are standing.

Diagonal loss: a tick loss caused by an orb traversing one diagonal square in 2 ticks by means of moving one square horizontally and then one square vertically, when it could have traversed it in one tick with a different strategy by the player(s). Applicable mainly with 2 or more players, where respawn time becomes increasingly important.

In 3v0s and 4v0s, the most common type of diagonal loss is, say, west attracting the 2-away at (5, -3) when north could have attracted it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lexicon Akademia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lexicon Akademia   Lexicon Akademia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lexicon Akademia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Education and frontiers :: Gopology-
Jump to: