Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

The New Fc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 pm

This thread is about the occurring discussions about a new fc being put into place.
Back to top Go down
Arys

Arys

RuneScape name(s) : Arys

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:58 am

"Pray for the broken that want to fix us." ~Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ~Thomas Bertram Lance

Of course there will always be the argumentative opinions in a two-sided discussion, but let us take a look at history for the answer of how this new FC will unfold. My point of view is only formed from what I have heard thus far of a new FC being implemented.

Things I have heard:

~Competetive Ranks (Score based)
~A hub for the entire community (Open to those willing to learn)

History has not been kind to the former of the hearsay. Even in this era of which we understand that there cannot be one best GOP player we still have those who believe differently, due to... whatever inflates their ego; be it crashing 50/50 chats, 1v1ing with the occasional spawn-win against someone they shouldn't have beaten, or choosing to 1v1 only those they are completely confident in overcoming. Let's face it, our community is full of boastful egomaniacs! These competitive ranks no longer have a true meaning as they did back in the days of Lilangelgop. In those days, they were a goal for the betterment of one's playing abilities. Now they are only symbols of who a person is considered superior; to deny this would be an act of ignorance. There is no benefit to this and will only create unrest once more in our... moreso-peacful-than-usual community.

As for the GOP hub!... I am sorry to inform you that there is already a chat for this. I am aware that we have all heard of the famous, or infamous to some of you, Gop Addict. You may disagree due to the contrary belief this chat is only purposed for the gathering of tokens for the lazy who do not wish to learn to play correctly; wrong! There is a specific branch in this clan aimed at the teaching of GOP. This branch has very capable instructors whose knowledge is sufficient enough to pass on.

It is also no rumor that certain pros would not be caught dead anywhere near this clan in the interest of saving face. This is a display of arrogance and no more! Half of the Gop Addict ranks could hold their own against any one of our pros. I digress...

All the creation of this new friends chat is doing is creating an uncomfortable choice for the current community when no one cares otherwise. I am satisfactory with Gee Oh Pee as is most of the current community. To attempt to split it is foolish. I personally do not understand the need as there is none.

I am unaware of the current friction between Timo/Lightgrace and Hope, and quite frankly could not care less; though this seems like a product of that friction and should not be applied to the rest of the community simply because an agreement cannot be made among yourselves.

Leave us out of it!

Edit: After reading the archives in the chat, it was wrong of me to group Lightgrace and Timo in the same train. Apologies! However, I would love to see something like GOE run on its own with those interested in helping while leaving those who don't want to help out of it.
Back to top Go down
peterjaja

peterjaja

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:08 pm

amen
Back to top Go down
Maple

Maple

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Arys wrote:
Leave us out of it!
Back to top Go down
San

San

RuneScape name(s) : San

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Well, Arys hit my thoughts exactly. I don't have anything else to contribute to the matter!
Back to top Go down

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 am

Moved to outdated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The New Fc Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Fc   The New Fc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Fc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Archives :: Outdated :: Outdated Drama-
Jump to: