Gop Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is currently inactive, and the goppers who still gop mostly hang out on Discord. Some of them, at least!

Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Latest images  Search  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]

Go down 
3 posters

What should the name be?
Gee Oh Pee
Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_vote_lcap0%Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GOP Home
Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_vote_lcap50%Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Gop School
Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_vote_lcap50%Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] Empty
PostSubject: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 pm

An initiative to reform the platform and create a new GOP FC (or reform the old) has been considered and been pressed about for a while now, and Bennamari, Timo, Lightgrace and Ur Orbs Mine are responsible for the initiative to actually do it now.

The purpose of this fc will be do 1) unite those curious about GOP, 2) maintain the fun in GOP, 3) inspire people about GOP. This is the initial proposal for the purpose of the fc, and may be discussed and altered before it's written to the [insert name] Constitution.

The morale of the fc is suggested to contain 1) everyone is welcome. This is also up for discussion and clarification.

The fc will have "leadership rotation", and the three admins of the fc with access to the account, [insert name], are elected democratically from those that vote on the Gop Academy, every three months. This is to prevent the prevailing discontent with specific leaders that rule over an extended period. I suggest that the initial voting takes place on the 1st of July.

The initial admins, as decided by Timo, Lightgrace, Bennamari and Uriel Gale, will be:
- Bennamari, Jozan619, Lightgrace, Timo, Ur Orbs Mine and Uriel Gale -
As signified with a provisional "gold star" rank.

Now, feel free to vote on whatever name you wish for this fc to have. : )

P.S.: Voting "Gee Oh Pee" will be using that account with this new constitution, including leadership rotation. Hoppeeee has shared the key to that account with me, and appointed the provisional gold star ranks to those initial admins. This will remain until the fc switch or when this Constitution is applied to the Gee Oh Pee fc.
P.S.S.: Edit: That above was reversed, and Hoppeeee does not approve of the idea.

Last edited by Timo on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:14 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
hoppeeee

hoppeeee

RuneScape name(s) : Wiz Finix

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Post has been edited, removed and put at bottom of the page.

Last edited by hoppeeee on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 pm

hoppeeee wrote:
My opinion on the matter remains the same, as it has always.

Gee Oh Pee as it exists is fine as it is. I do not support this idea, and have never supported this idea. You, of course, may go along with it, but I will not close Gee oh Pee for such a purpose. I do not want to be any administrator of such a friend chat, and do not agree with Timo's methods of leading in particular.

This would be a rival friend chat, if established.

It won't be me leading the friend's chat, and thus, whatever my "methods of leading" are, they can't be applied into this friend's chat unless other people agree to it.
Back to top Go down
Arys

Arys

RuneScape name(s) : Arys

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 am

It was fine the way it was, and proved so by being the least controversial chat to date, as well as the longest lasting if I'm not mistaken.

Things will just get competitive again. Everyone wants to lead.
Back to top Go down
hoppeeee

hoppeeee

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 am

I decided that the choice I made was dumb and silly. I don't approve of Timo as a leader, and I'm not going to give the friend chat away because he keeps bugging me about it. I suppose I felt angry that someone was so discontent with my leadership skills, while I am always trying to do all that I can to make sure everyone is happy.

The decision to give the friend chat away was based solely on a, "You think you know what will make GOP better, fine. Go do it and see what happens" attitude, which was wrong of me to have. I apologize if this has put me in bad light, as it may very well have. Anyway, it appears as though Timo will be leading a friend chat of his own in the near future anyway, just not Gee oh Pee.

The things that I do not change are left unchanged for reasons, which I have explained numerous times to numerous people. I am sorry that you feel so discontent with my leading that it has brought you to form a new friend chat. It seems as though I have asked the question, "What can I do to fix this problem?" a million times. The only answer I have been given is that I must do what I feel I should not do. For example: Making Gee oh Pee open to the public is something that has been suggested many times, and something I will never do.

This puts the whole GOP community in an uncomfortable position, but if you feel it necessary to make your own friend chat, then go ahead. I will make it clear once more that I still do not support it, or your endeavors.

Though I may not agree with your efforts, I will not disrupt them intentionally. By my consent, Gee oh Pee will not make any attacks toward your friend chat when it is formed (such as spamming in the new friend chat, advertising Gee oh Pee in the new friend chat, flaming other friend chat members, sabbing games, etc., etc.) If any of this happens, let me know, and I'll try to put a stop to it. (Sometimes people do these things anyway, even when I ask that they do not. I will discourage it heavily.)

The only aggressor will be the new friend chat, and only if they choose to be the agressor. I hope that we can remain together in peace and harmony. No attempts will be made by Gee oh Pee to disrupt the new friend chat from functioning. Attempts to disrupt Gee oh Pee from functioning will, of course, be treated as attacks, and defended against accordingly.

As Arys said, Gee oh Pee has been a remarkably long-standing friend chat. I don't want to mess up something that will take ages to replace. I stated before that I was planning on stepping down next week. The plan still remains, but I am not sure anymore that now is a good time to hand it over to someone else, amidst this upcoming friend chat. I was really looking forward to getting away from silly GOP politics, and relaxing a bit more with someone else in charge.

Guess that will have to wait a bit longer.

Also, note to Timo: You may want to see who would like to be an administrator in your new friend chat, before putting them on the list of administrators. I never signed up and never would have if I had been asked even once. There may be others who feel the same way.

Additionally, Gee Oh Pee should not be one of the choices in that poll. It should never have been, as you never asked for approval from me and Gusty. It doesn't please me to see that you never asked for approval.

Blasting into things without first assuring that you have the cooperation of everyone that you are going to involve is a sure-fire way to get people ticked off at you. You should have talked to me, and all of the others, before placing us into these positions that you have put us in.

Back to top Go down
Timo
Gop Literacy
Timo

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:30 pm

hoppeeee wrote:

You keep slandering my name with sht that's completely untrue. You've been doing so for months now, and I wouldn't mind it if you were Mel or any other person that people have no trust in, but people actually trust that what you say is true, so keep it above the level of making sht up to fit your agenda, hm?

You didn't give me "leader position" in Gee Oh Pee, and I won't be the "leader" of whatever the friend's chat is. I have no clue what you mean by when you say you don't approve of my "leadership skills", and you keep bringing it up, even though I've told you several times that it won't be relevant.

One of the most essential parts in why your friend's chat is problematic, is because you'll be the permanent leader in it, forevermore, and all that follows with you assuming that position. Not only I have been discontent with that, and I don't think anyone should assume such position.

Why are you being hostile to this? You shouldn't be, as the quest is only to share your power, as you so conveniently hold by yourself.
Back to top Go down
hoppeeee

hoppeeee

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Quote :
You keep slandering my name with %$# that's completely untrue. You've been doing so for months now, and I wouldn't mind it if you were Mel or any other person that people have no trust in, but people actually trust that what you say is true, so keep it above the level of making $#@ up to fit your agenda, hm?

Give me some more specific examples of what I have done, so that I might correct any wrongs made. Also bear in mind:

1) Within the last few months, your attitude has changed drastically.
2) Recently, you have acted very rudely toward me and others.
3) My agenda was to create a GOP friend chat where experienced goppers could join, talk, and find private games in a comfortable environment. Now my agenda is to maintain the friend chat, make any positive changes that I feel will benefit the friend chat, and some day, pass the friend chat on to someone else.
4) You rarely talk to me, or pass things by me, even when I ask about them. And when we finally do get talking, you generally refute everything that I have to say, not attempting to come to any understanding with me.

Quote :
You didn't give me "leader position" in Gee Oh Pee, and I won't be the "leader" of whatever the friend's chat is. I have no clue what you mean by when you say you don't approve of my "leadership skills", and you keep bringing it up, even though I've told you several times that it won't be relevant.

I gave you and your list of administrators leadership positions in Gee Oh Pee. You establish a president and his cabinet over the United States. The president and the cabinet leads the country by the consent of the governed. It is still a leadership position, regardless of whether the friend chat is run by the consent of the governed or specifically by you and your cabinet. Technically speaking, it is a leadership position.

Quote :

One of the most essential parts in why your friend's chat is problematic, is because you'll be the permanent leader in it, forevermore, and all that follows with you assuming that position. Not only I have been discontent with that, and I don't think anyone should assume such position.

I am not planning on being the permanent leader, as I previously established under number 3. The only position I have assumed has been to complete my established goals stated above, also under number 3.

Quote :

Why are you being hostile to this? You shouldn't be, as the quest is only to share your power, as you so conveniently hold by yourself.

The things that I previously stated under number 1, 2, and 4 have been some of the main reasons I have not acted positively towards this idea. If you had a consistent behavior, acted more kindly towards others, and spoke with me about these things beforehand, then I would have more readily extended a helping hand.

I feel that you have a strong personality that can really help to get things done, and push things forward when they aren't moving forward. That said, you also tend to blast your way into things before everything is prepared. I hardly have any idea of what exactly you are planning to do with this new friend chat, as I have only been able to answer a few of the many questions that I have about it.

Frankly, sharing my "power" (the only power I have is to kick people from Gee Oh Pee friend chat) is the last thing I am concerned about. What I am concerned about is that someone is creating a friend chat that could potentially lead to chaos and rivalry in GOP. Until I am clear on what exactly you are doing with the friend chat, and have spoken to you more thoroughly on the matter, then how am I supposed to offer my support?

Blasting your way into things without my consent has only left me thinking that you do not value my input, and has led me to believe that you are creating a friend chat that will eventually replace Gee Oh Pee. I do not mind two friend chats working together, but one that works to replace another friend chat will only create rivalry.

If you do not understand why I am concerned, then you should be talking to me, not ignoring me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]   Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reforming/creating a friend's chat [insert name]
Page 1 of 1